The reason I don't like it when New Years rolls around is because it's a huge reminder of how fast time is flying by. I am not a fan of how fast time seems to be flying by. Not.At.All.
But I do like New Years because of the feeling that we get of having a new slate. New beginnings. A whole year to look forward to, full of hope and dreams.
Last night, while I was laying in bed, I decided to write down and make a list of my goals for this coming year. I ended up with a note-book piece of paper full of ideas.
No pressure, right?
Even with so many dreams for this year, I feel like it's a "do-able" list, at least most of it.
So, without further a-do, my goals for this coming year:
~For This Blog~
- Post twice a week. I realize this won't always happen, but I still want to try and make it a habit-try and make a blogging routine.
- Read God's Word daily. I use to have a regular quiet time with my Father but somehow, along the way that time has gotten pushed to the back burner. Well, I want it back. Desperately.
- Memorize one verse a week. I think I may post the verse of the week on the side bar as a kind of accountability tool. Hope ya'll don't mind. *wink*
- Have more specific prayer times. Just me and my Savior, one-on-one.
- Go on at least one mission trip. It didn't seem to be the Lord's will for me to go on mission trip in 2013, but I want to get back in the mind set. Get back in those kind of situations. It's a huge part of my heart.
~For My Life~
- Read more. I didn't read for fun nearly as much as I wanted to in 2013.
- Sew more. It's one of those things that I "just don't have time for...."
- Sharpen my homemaking skills. Mommy-daughter time! *smiles*
- Research and use all-natural beauty products. Not limited to homemade mousse, lotion, deodorant. Using activated charcoal and shea butter.
- Workout more. Hopefully 5x a week. Again, I know this won't happen all the time, but I still want to try.
- Get our hobby farm up and running the way it should be. You may hear more about that later....
- Take more photos. All too often I don't take the time to stop and capture that special moment. I want to change that this year. You can see some of my work on my photography blog.
- Sharpen my photography skills. Especially in the portraits department.
- Work on my room. I want to make my small room an efficient oasis. It needs to work as my craft and inspiration room, office and sleeping quarters. It's proving to be quite difficult. Difficult, but not impossible.
So yeah. It's a lot. But I think it all is worth trying to do.
I hope you'll join me this year. I have no doubt it will be a worth-while adventure! *smile*
So tell me, what are your resolutions and goals for 2014?